RPC Technologies diversifies in the design, manufacture and sustainment of Composites and speciality metal fabrication, surface treatment and special services to Defence assets which include gap crossing capability and other services which are carried out mainly in our Seven Hills Workshop.
Using established fabrication techniques, RPC first surveys and subsequently carries out required repairs, maintains and recondition (sustainment) some Defence Equipment in both composite and different metal materials. Specifically, this role will be part of the speciality metal workshop that provides these services. to Defence in a metalworking capability in both design, sustainment, and other areas, which works with all types of metals.
The business is seeking a motivated Junior Mechanical Engineer for its Seven Hills facility as part of the established Defence project team.
If you have an interest in Defence projects and sustainment works for same, then we are the right company for you.
What’s involved in this role:
You will be required to assist the Project Manager in all activities related to the execution of the project from the receipt of information to the preparation of necessary documentation including but not limited to, estimates, procurement, fabrication and quality documentation, organisation of any Non-destructive Testing (NDT), surface treatment, final release, and the delivery of goods.
- Support mechanical systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements.
- Independently manage small projects and work with the wider team to deliver larger, multidisciplinary projects, have thorough knowledge of the scope of work, status of shop drawings, applicable fabrication standards and project quality requirements.
- Prepare material requisitions, cutting lists, material allocations for fabrication, includes all QA/QC documentation (includes ITP’s) as required
- Support production activities, review works, liaise with equipment Suppliers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
- Provide necessary work instructions to the Workshop Supervisor to ensure correct sequence of work is performed as required by the client.
- Advise the Project Manager of any potential delays.
- Ensure product compliance certificates, relevant quality documents such as, ITPs, Goods Shipped Reports, and relevant Material Registers, together with any other quality requirements necessary as required by client or the Project Manager.
- Maintain Project Drawing Register Files.
- Prepare monthly forecasts, update cashflows, prepare claims, workscope variations, Extension of Time notices and claims, quotations, and associated documentation as relevant.